Owning or running a business is a very challenging task. The GPHCC identified the following resources to assist entrepreneurs and seasoned business owners in further developing their business. Chamber staff is also available to answer questions and to redirect you to other potential resources.
Starting a Business
How to Start a Business in Philadelphia:
- Decide what type of business — sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC or
- Register for an EIN with the IRS.
- File the state’s Fictitious Name form with the Pa. Dept. of State
Corporation Bureau, and wait for your number.
- Complete online the PA 100 form from the Pa. Dept. of Revenue.
- File the Philadelphia Business Privilege tax form.
Doing Business in Philadelphia
Vibrant Corporate Sectorread more
Philadelphia is home to many global market leaders and innovative corporations. There are nine fortune 1000 companies headquartered in the city and 330 Fortune 500 companies have a presence in the Philadelphia region.
There are many things to see and do when visiting the Greater Philadelphia area.read more